THIS. IS. THE. YEAR.
I am shamelessly positive about the upcoming year. New Year, new goals, new adventures, new things to look forward to.
The thing is... I love planning my life one year in advance. I'm one of those freaky people who write their goals in 10 different places, make posters and mood boards to make sure I achieve everything possible and impossible in the next 365 days.
Here are some tips on how to make 2019 fabulous if you're a high-achiever who wants to improve the quality of your life.
- RESOLUTIONS. You can't go wrong with setting a whole bunch of goals: daily, weekly, monthly, annual, whatever. If you're a bit nuts like me, you should also have a 5 and 10 year plan sorted, just in case. Planning life (to an extent) will help you focus on important things you want to achieve and subconsciously take little strategic steps towards your final goal.
- ROUTINE. Set yourself a couple of things you must do in the morning and in the evening. Face washing, breakfast, coffee, affirmations, yoga, pilates, planning the upcoming day ... It's all about incorporating discipline into your life that makes things work!
- RESTING. Don't miss out on 8 hours of sleep. I always thought I could survive on 5 hours of sleep every day. I mean.. ain't nobody got time for that! However, since I moved into my new house I've started making sure I got 8-9 hour sleep every night. My memory got SO MUCH better, I stopped snacking at night (mainly because I'd be in bed by 10pm) and I started waking up feeling amazing!
- LITERATURE. Read one book every month. Think about setting 30 minutes aside every day to have a good read as a form of therapy. Feed your brain - there's some good stuff out there!
- WERKING IT. Start (if you haven't yet) a side hustle. Making jewellery, designing clothes, copywriting, teaching maths.. There's so much you can do to make an extra £ and keep yourself busy!
-TRAVELLING. Plan a big adventure. Even if you have no budget this very moment, start planning and saving up, because... Nothing's impossible, and I don't see why you couldn't be sunbathing under a palm tree in Hawaii in exactly 6 months.
- NUTRITION. It's important you start thinking of food as a body fuel, not a source of pleasure. Food is nothing but calories that we need for our body to make energy, so make sure you only eat good stuff! Attitude change is more than enough to stop snacking on little annoying bits and bobs throughout the day.
- MOVEMENT. I spend approximately 13 hours per day on my laptop and work computer in total, which means I definitely need more exercise in my life. However, there's no way anyone could drag me to a gym. So I've started doing yoga twice every day - it's such a great way to get energised and feel good - try it out!
- MEDITATION. YES I know it's frickin' hard to force yourself to zen out and sit in one place for 20 minutes every day. Integrate meditation into your morning/ evening routine and you'll become more grounded, positive, mindful, loving, and relaxed.
So here we go. These are my 9 tips on how to make 2019 more productive and wholesome.
All you have to do now is go and smash your goals like there's no tomorrow!